Network Discovery won’t run

A while back I wrote a post about some of my Management Server’s having issues, the cause of which was an illegal character in a Unix & Linux Resource Pool name. You can find that post here: Naming SCOM 2012 Resource Pools

Well that bug recently came up again but this time I was out at a customers site and their issue was that Network Discovery wouldn’t run. I double checked everything in the Network Discovery rule and everything appeared to be correct. Then I noticed a non-alphabet character in the resource pool name for the Unix Machines. I removed the illegal character and suddenly the Network Discovery ran!

 
Comments

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply